Wednesday, March 1, 2017

Memories of Youth

Being the youngest with brothers influences my life greatly. My interest in sports, games, music and commentary were as a result of what they were into. I grew up loving the Super Mario, Street Fighters and Mortal Kombat, all because of my brothers... Never a dull day or night at home

Bayern Munich, Real Madrid and Real Madrid were my favoured teams in Serie A..... I can vividly remember every afternoon, about 1300, sitting alongside shouting at the tv because of a goals, fouls, shitty plays, missed opportunities and wasted time....

My love of basketball was largely influenced by the superb "Superhuman" game of Michael Jordan. Jordan who defied logic, who was beast among men. Michael Jordan and the Chicago Bulls, Ewing and the New York Knicks. Mourning and the Miami Heats, Reggie Miller and the Indiana Pacers, Payton and the Seattle Supersonics..... The rivalry was real.... the bruises and wounds spoke volumes. This was a tough man's game, no time for the weak asses... It was on.....

A blog post I recently did. http://brokenbutundeterred.blogspot.com/2017/02/weekend-gone.html

No comments:

Post a Comment